Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 4 x 8 Shopbot Alpha for sale

4 x 8 Shopbot Alpha for sale 26 Apr 2016 15:29 #1

• Dave Rosenbleeth
  • Gold Carver
This is a custom rebuilt tool that was originally a PRT but has been rebuilt above the frame as a PRS style. All the mechanical work was done around 5 years ago and the Alpha control box and motors were done 2 years ago.

It comes with:
5HP Columbo spindle/Delta VFD that is 1 Phase and has always been warmed up and cooled down on startup and shutdown.
7 1/2HP regenerative blower that is 3 Phase and table is set up with 8 zones
Windows 7 desktop that has been stripped "Black Viper" style and never has had any comm issues and cabinet.
SB control box has custom wall mounts and it has a prototype dust shoe that works great.

This is a really nice machine that has had average use over the years for mostly cabinet work. The frame is heavier than a new one. A comparable new unit would be around $24,000. I am retiring from cabinetmaking and am asking $16,000 or best offer.

I have forklift available to load.
email me at: daver(at)professionalmillwork(dot)com

4 x 8 Shopbot Alpha for sale 26 Apr 2016 20:24 #2

• Gene Crain
  • Gold Carver
  • Thank you received: 11
  • Honor Medal 2015
Good luck in your future. I've followed your posts many yrs on sb forum...even flaked out wanting to buy old bot parts...

16K for that rig...comms issues and all is gonna be a hard sale here...

China routers taking over for production shops, the hobby guys still in love with the overpriced blue paint shakers...flaky control software...

San Jose del Cabo based since 1997

4 x 8 Shopbot Alpha for sale 27 Apr 2016 16:18 #3

• Dave Rosenbleeth
  • Gold Carver
:o Honestly Gene, Your personal experiences with your near antique PR (which served you very well as I recall) and stuff you heard 2nd and/or 3rd hand regarding up to date Shopbots in general and mine specifically are way off base. As I noted I have never had comm issues. It is a great machine and has run flawlessly with no issues for years.
And I also noted OR BEST OFFER.
I have no gripe with Chinese machines as I have never owned one. I could go on about things I have heard, but consider that to be second hand information and not for me to relate.
Also, I posted here to offer my machine for sale and not to argue comparative benefits.
Although I understand this is an open forum I would appreciate any further discussion of this type to be started on another thread.
This is the classified for sale section, not the off topic whatever section.
Admin is welcome to delete my reply here as long as the previous reply and any other argumentative replies are deleted as well.
Fair is fair. :)
Time to create page: 0.972 seconds

Please Visit and Support Our Amazing Sponsors