Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mechanical circus train

Mechanical circus train 26 Jul 2017 23:49 #1

• Dan Sawatzky
  • Platinum Carver
  • Thank you received: 44
  • Honor Medal 2015
We are currently in the design stage of the extremely fun project. Our theme park client asked for some kiosks for face painting, food carts and a character meet and greet. We came up with the idea of a mechanical circus train. Each car would serve a different function. The designs for the cars came quick and fast for inspiration is as varied as there are animals. I designed up seven cars in all (so far) To present the idea to our client we decided to model the engine and two of the cars.

This is a great use for those scraps of Precision Board that gather so quickly in the routing room. In this case we used up a whole bunch of 30 lb 2" thick board.

Building the files was pretty quick. The elephant train engine was the first piece. The router made short work of the chassis, and various other mechanical bits. The rest I modelled in Abracadabra Sculpting epoxy. The train is being painted and glazed using acrylic paints. The models are about 16" long and eight inches wide... various heights.

Dan Sawatzky
Sawatzky's Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia, Canada

www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is the most wonderful thing!

Mechanical circus train 27 Jul 2017 09:40 #2

• John Miller
  • Platinum Carver
  • Thank you received: 61
  • Honor Medal 2015
Wonderful as always Dan. Thanks for sharing. With the cost of HDU we routinely glue up scraps with gorilla glue, then mill both sides to achieve usable panels that we make signs with. We start with 2" material and end up with 1.75" panels.
Someday every things gonna be different... When I paint my masterpiece

Mechanical circus train 30 Jul 2017 07:17 #3

• Mike Schnorr
  • Gold Carver
  • Thank you received: 9
  • Honor Medal 2015
Dan,
I've been following your progress on Facebook! :pop:
It's nice to log in every morning and see how much progress you have made. I followed your advice and ordered some sculpting epoxy but haven't had a free minute to try it out yet. Thanks for the push!

Mike
Time to create page: 0.923 seconds

Please Visit and Support Our Amazing Sponsors