Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Push Thru Hike House

Push Thru Hike House 21 Mar 2017 14:45 #1

• David Ridge
  • Junior Carver
  • Thank you received: 6
I just had a customer pick up their sign. It is 5' x 3' x 2.5" back lit sign. The face is 080 aluminum painted with texture paint from Coastal and then painted to look like rusted steel from Sculpt Nouveau. The letters are 1/2" clear cast acrylic with a 1/4" lip. I then cut and painted the letter faces from 080 alum. The frame is 1" x 2.5" Alder hardwood painted flat black to match the letters. The lights are LEDS with a remote and a full color spectrum dial so they can have it glow any color they want. This is an interior sign going in a Hotel in Colorado to promote their Hiking Information center. Since I was applying the rusting patina, I was able to control it a little to make the mountains stand out a little. Its a great product Called Iron B from Sculpt Nouveau. I'm sure its similar to Modern Masters. I prefer this brand because they are in San Diego like me. But they do ship anywhere.
Attachments:

Push Thru Hike House 21 Mar 2017 21:38 #2

• John Miller
  • Platinum Carver
  • Thank you received: 61
  • Honor Medal 2015
Nice project David. Be sure to post a picture of the sign once its installed. :nana:
Someday every things gonna be different... When I paint my masterpiece

Push Thru Hike House 28 Mar 2017 10:07 #3

• James Dawson
  • Platinum Carver
  • Thank you received: 54
  • Honor Medal 2015
love this. we have been working on a method to do this with HDU for a while. I'd love to see this installed!

Push Thru Hike House 28 Mar 2017 12:35 #4

• David Ridge
  • Junior Carver
  • Thank you received: 6
I received an email from the client today with the sign installed. They were very happy. Ill definitely

do more like this.
Time to create page: 0.564 seconds

Please Visit and Support Our Amazing Sponsors