Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Sign for local chamber

New Sign for local chamber 08 Jun 2016 09:47 #1

• Kris Connors
  • Senior Carver
  • Thank you received: 2
Thankfully, the chamber already had a nice looking logo. Just had to make it 3D. I used 1" pvc board and used letters from gemini. This link has some more shots - sculpturalsigns.com/2016/06/05/chamber-of-commerce-sign-clinton-ct/

Thanks for looking!
Attachments:

New Sign for local chamber 08 Jun 2016 21:30 #2

• John Miller
  • Platinum Carver
  • Thank you received: 61
  • Honor Medal 2015
Nice looking sign Kris. What paint did you use for the blue and white?
Someday every things gonna be different... When I paint my masterpiece

New Sign for local chamber 08 Jun 2016 22:22 #3

• Kris Connors
  • Senior Carver
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi John,
I used a Zinser high build primer with Bejamin Moore blue and white acrylic house paints. Any suggestions?

New Sign for local chamber 09 Jun 2016 05:58 #4

• John Miller
  • Platinum Carver
  • Thank you received: 61
  • Honor Medal 2015
Kris, You know that I'm a Matthews acrylic polyurethane guy, so that's what we would use. Problem with that system is you need an air supplied mask if you spray, and good ventilation is a must. Although we don't use them, I'm told the acrylic house paints hold well to PVC and last a long time. For us, they take too long to dry properly. With a Matthews mixing station I can make as little as a 1/2 pint of paint and match any Pantone, vinyl, or paint manufacturers color spot on.
Someday every things gonna be different... When I paint my masterpiece

New Sign for local chamber 09 Jun 2016 09:01 #5

• Bob Stephens
  • Gold Carver
  • Thank you received: 50
  • Honor Medal 2015
John Miller wrote:
Kris, You know that I'm a Matthews acrylic polyurethane guy, so that's what we would use. Problem with that system is you need an air supplied mask if you spray, and good ventilation is a must. Although we don't use them, I'm told the acrylic house paints hold well to PVC and last a long time. For us, they take too long to dry properly. With a Matthews mixing station I can make as little as a 1/2 pint of paint and match any Pantone, vinyl, or paint manufacturers color spot on.

I second this exactly!

Only suggestion I might make is to go a little shallower on the depth of the letters. Unless they are diligent about periodic cleaning of the sign, dirt will build up on the ledges of the letters and cause the sign to get dirty a lot faster. Just something I've learned over the years. It doesn't take a lot of depth to make a sign look really dimensional.
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds

Please Visit and Support Our Amazing Sponsors