• Fresh Carver
  • Thank you received: 1

2nd floor hdu/acrylic window sign 27 May 2016 07:22 #2

• Gene Uselman
  • Platinum Carver
  • Creative Retiree
  • Thank you received: 38
  • Honor Medal 2015
Very nice Thomas. Looking at the sign, I would not expect it to light up the way it does. If you would share a bit more about the illuminated portion of the sign it would be great. Gene

2nd floor hdu/acrylic window sign 27 May 2016 23:57 #3

• Thomas perez
  • Fresh Carver
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanx gene. The sign is lit with leds to give a push thru and back lit effect. The logo has translucent on 1st surface and defused on 2nd surface. Wording has day night film on 1st surface and defused on 2nd. The leds are directed to face as most light passes thru the defused some doesn't and gets sent back to wall. Hope that help. I do alot of commercial custom signage . Still new to 3d foam I absolutely love this site. So much talent everywhere. 2nd generation sign guy here trying to soak everything like a sponge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Dawson

2nd floor hdu/acrylic window sign 28 May 2016 07:28 #4

• Gene Uselman
  • Platinum Carver
  • Creative Retiree
  • Thank you received: 38
  • Honor Medal 2015
I wish I could say that I understood your explanation above... but I am afraid I have a looong way to go with really understanding illumination. I feel safe to say that there are a lot of people on this site who would love to learn more of what you seem to be very proficient at. There are may disciplines represented here and most are more than happy to share their tips and tricks ... which make us a very rich community. I hope you will consider sharing more with us if the opportunity presents itself on a future project. I see many opportunities for LED lighting that would have been difficult and expensive in the past. Thank you, Sir. Gene

Also you are very correct about the talent on this forum... I am honored (and humbled) to be a small part of the many true artisans who are assembled here and willing to help the rest of us along this groovy road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas perez

2nd floor hdu/acrylic window sign 31 May 2016 14:57 #5

• James Dawson
  • Platinum Carver
  • Thank you received: 54
  • Honor Medal 2015
love it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas perez
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds

Please Visit and Support Our Amazing Sponsors