Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Testing my china cnc with long run times, its rock solid.

Testing my china cnc with long run times, its rock solid. 17 Dec 2014 23:30 #1

• Dan Hammerstron
  • Platinum Carver
  • Thank you received: 23
  • Honor Medal 2015
Another 18 hour run.
Attachments:
The Wood Butcher

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 18 Dec 2014 01:12 #2

• Jason Jones
  • Admin
  • Floors & Latrine
  • Thank you received: 31
Dan Hammerstron wrote:
Another 18 hour run.

Dang that is a beauty!

18 hours? Don't fall asleep at the wheel, captain.

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 18 Dec 2014 08:56 #3

• Gene B Crain
  • Senior Carver
  • Magician of Mexico
love it!!! nice work Dan...

turn it on, ready-set-go...for those who have never run a file over 8 hrs...you don't know what you missin'
Excellence from Pride

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 19 Dec 2014 13:40 #4

• Dan Hammerstron
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
No#3 done, halved the cutting time all diff. materials, lotsa hours...machine is rock solid, not a glitch.
Attachments:
The Wood Butcher

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 19 Dec 2014 13:52 #5

• Jason Jones
  • Admin
  • Floors & Latrine
WOW! Nice work, congrats on the sales..

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 19 Dec 2014 16:53 #6

• Phillip Newell
  • Gold Carver
  • Thank you received: 12
  • Honor Medal 2015
Very cool!

Is this done on the small Chinese router you have?
Phillip Newell

Freelance Sign Design
[url=http://www.signamigo.com:1t2xqp19]www.signamigo.com[/url]

www.facebook.com/amigosignco

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 19 Dec 2014 17:29 #7

• Dan Hammerstron
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
The Largest and first one was done on the small china machine, the other 2 are done on the big machine, there is no difference in the quality of cuts on either machine, the big one is faster...but the files were smaller.
The Wood Butcher

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 19 Dec 2014 19:42 #8

• Phillip Newell
  • Gold Carver
  • Thank you received: 12
  • Honor Medal 2015
Nice! I'm glad to hear you're happy with these machines.
Phillip Newell

Freelance Sign Design
[url=http://www.signamigo.com:1t2xqp19]www.signamigo.com[/url]

www.facebook.com/amigosignco

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 20 Dec 2014 17:15 #9

• Leo Voisine
  • Platinum Carver
  • Thank you received: 26
  • Honor Medal 2015
Dan - can you give some detailed information on your Chinese machine? I am saving for a 48x48 machine and will either build or buy. Not committed to either right now - buy is certainly easier and faster. Build "might" get me more machine for less money - maybe.
Leo

www.leosworkshop.com
Solidworks
Aspire
2424 Larken Camtol
MAXNC
Mach3
full hobby/sign/light business shop

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 20 Dec 2014 18:59 #10

• Dan Hammerstron
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
Ok, I will tell all, The machines are good, the hardware on them is good, the wiring is good, but the assemblers some times forget to tighten them and in transit they come loose, to the extent one of Gary Beckwiths machines the whole panel came loose and took out 3 drivers , they were replaced via DHL fast but. If you buy cheap you get cheap, but even the cheap stuff runs good, the cheap stuff being rails and drivers and step motors, If you don't specify you will get leadshine drivers and the step motors that they stock also you will get round rails, now even with these compliments they are good machines. The machines we have been ordering are in the same class as the high end machines without servo's and tool changers, we order Yako Drivers and Yako step motors they are on par with the best of Oriental products. Now the control systems, they are using a controller from XHC Gary Beckwith is converting to a controller from I think its called Hicon that is mach4 capable, he had issues with the standard controller as he test bits and the XHC engineer made so many drivers for him but none sufficed, I had one problem on the first go around the z-zero probe didn't work, and found out that in there driver fixing it was disabled,Annie sent me the new issue and it took seconds to plug in and have going again, and it works perfect, over a 100 hours of run time not a glitch. Now as to building a machine, I love to build them... if I was really wealthy Thats what I would do just because I like doing it, but selling them is a little harder. I dont think you can build as cheap or as good as they are at present, first the steel base that is all welded and weighs over a 1200 lbs, then the gantry also the come with helical rach and pinions that are 2 times as wide as a shopbots and have belt drive boxes that are 4 to 1 ratio so you got a wow for accuracy before the drivers and Hiwin rails, mine come with a 6 hp. spindle 2 vacuum pumps and vacuum table plus clamping table for a little over 7 K, The Other nite Annie sent me a pic of there new table top design, it comes in 6090, 90/1200, and 1200x1200 I want the 900x1200 because I could take that to schools and do demo's and training..which I have been asked to do a time or two. Its a welded steel base but way shorter..will attach a pic, and the price on it with good stuff was 3500.00 so could you build that..?
Attachments:
The Wood Butcher

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 20 Dec 2014 19:07 #11

• Dan Hammerstron
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
P.S. Of course I want the rotary axis also, it cost 900.00 more to have it...I asked, I may get into trouble saying these prices as they were quoted to me But I doubt if Im special..
The Wood Butcher

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 20 Dec 2014 21:14 #12

• Leo Voisine
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
I have been hearing decent reports from several sources. Seems that the bad reports I hear are from people that do not own them and the good reports come from people that do own them.

Even with a home grown machine there will be issues. That is not a problem. The real issue is with support. Sounds like you have had good support.

Where I am still in a primarily "hobby" stage and I make a little money on the side, cost is certainly an issue.

I am not really "wanting" to build. I will build only if I cannot get what I want for the budget allowance. I am in the 48 x 48 with maybe 12 in the Z and also with a 4-th. I also want a ER25 spindle. The rest I can be flexible on.

I'm still a year or so away. NOT going to finance anything - cash only.

So do you have contact info - I would like to at least get a price.
Leo

www.leosworkshop.com
Solidworks
Aspire
2424 Larken Camtol
MAXNC
Mach3

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 20 Dec 2014 23:22 #13

• Dan Hammerstron
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
Yes, the contact in china is the biggest piece of the puzzle, I have seen some them disappear when the problems began, or go quiet, and there is nothing more frustrating than non contact, But we have Annie she is a worry wart from the moment she takes the order to the time, you have it producing she is worried..
If you have Skype or by email if proffered, she is on this forum occasionally Skype is "qc-router009" . she is very patient and has a good command of English.
The Wood Butcher

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 21 Dec 2014 06:25 #14

• Leo Voisine
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
is there a web site?
Leo

www.leosworkshop.com
Solidworks
Aspire
2424 Larken Camtol
MAXNC
Mach3

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 21 Dec 2014 13:25 #15

• Dan Hammerstron
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
Sorry... yes there is.

www.qcrouter.cn
The Wood Butcher

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 21 Dec 2014 13:44 #16

• Jason Jones
  • Admin
  • Floors & Latrine

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 21 Dec 2014 14:31 #17

• Gene B Crain
  • Senior Carver
  • Magician of Mexico
Leo Voisine wrote:
I have been hearing decent reports from several sources. Seems that the bad reports I hear are from people that do not own them and the good reports come from people that do own them.

Even with a home grown machine there will be issues. That is not a problem. The real issue is with support. Sounds like you have had good support.

Where I am still in a primarily "hobby" stage and I make a little money on the side, cost is certainly an issue.

I am not really "wanting" to build. I will build only if I cannot get what I want for the budget allowance. I am in the 48 x 48 with maybe 12 in the Z and also with a 4-th. I also want a ER25 spindle. The rest I can be flexible on.

I'm still a year or so away. NOT going to finance anything - cash only.

So do you have contact info - I would like to at least get a price.

Leo...just buy one like I and others have done and don't look back...
Excellence from Pride

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 21 Dec 2014 14:54 #18

• Leo Voisine
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
Gene - I just may well do that.

I don't have enough money yet. I need about 2x what I have saved right now. This will be my 2-nd router so, I am not without right now. The purchase will be for my retirement in 2020. As soon as I have the money I will be doing something for sure.

I am pretty sure I have another sign lined up, which might bring another from a neighboring business. If so, the machine may come a lot earlier than 2020.

I do like what I am seeing in the Chinese machines. I just wish they would offer more specific information about the machines. I am not yet bothered because I am not ready to buy. When I am ready I will ask and get all the details.

Thank you for your encouragement. Makes deciding all that much easier.
Leo

www.leosworkshop.com
Solidworks
Aspire
2424 Larken Camtol
MAXNC
Mach3

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 21 Dec 2014 20:23 #19

• Dan Hammerstron
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
If you would like, I will give you a video tour of it with the guards off...they are very simple and easy to repair if any thing goes wonky, which may take quite awhile.
The Wood Butcher

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 21 Dec 2014 21:11 #20

• Jason Jones
  • Admin
  • Floors & Latrine
Yes to the videos! Just post a youtube link and they auto embed here on the forum..

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 22 Dec 2014 10:56 #21

• Leo Voisine
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
Dan, A video tour would be awesome.
Leo

www.leosworkshop.com
Solidworks
Aspire
2424 Larken Camtol
MAXNC
Mach3

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 22 Dec 2014 15:23 #22

• Dan Hammerstron
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
Will do, in between Christmas and New years , ;) have some clean up to do!!!
The Wood Butcher

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 22 Dec 2014 17:30 #23

• Leo Voisine
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
That would be great Dan,

Oh - and I'm sorry about hijacking your thread.
Leo

www.leosworkshop.com
Solidworks
Aspire
2424 Larken Camtol
MAXNC
Mach3

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 22 Dec 2014 18:46 #24

• Dan Hammerstron
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
Any kinda Jacking is good on these threads..no worries!!!
WE need more long winded knowledge collecting wisdom type threads, with a wide variety of participants,
that's the way little super tricks are discovered.
The Wood Butcher

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 27 Dec 2014 22:18 #25

• Dan Hammerstron
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
A quick trip around the machine.

The Wood Butcher

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 28 Dec 2014 02:04 #26

• Jason Jones
  • Admin
  • Floors & Latrine
Dan Hammerstron wrote:
A quick trip around the machine.

Ahhh, real nice. Thank you sir. Now, how bout showing us some rip snort? Haha.. Seriously though, feel free to post all of your youtubes right here man. That be a real treat..

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 28 Dec 2014 08:17 #27

• Leo Voisine
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
Thank you Dan,

It does tell a lot more about the machine.

Question? - Is there only one "X" axis stepper or was there another one on the other side of the machine?
Leo

www.leosworkshop.com
Solidworks
Aspire
2424 Larken Camtol
MAXNC
Mach3

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 28 Dec 2014 11:51 #28

• Dan Hammerstron
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
I apologise for the incomplete-ness, I was in the hurry up situ. and yes there are 2 x-axis motors, and the control panel I didn't show the inside of.
Jason should be unveiling his soon and he is better at video-ing.. I will leave something for him to do..lol
The Wood Butcher

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 28 Dec 2014 17:08 #29

• Leo Voisine
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
Thank you Dan,

They look like NEMA 23 steppers. Do you know the power of the steppers. It would be rated in "oz-In" rating.

Under the table - are there any cross members that move with the "X" axis, under the table. If I cut a hole in th etable and wanted to stand something on end in the middle of the table, with one end down near the floor - would there be any interference from a Cross member moving with the "X" axis.
Leo

www.leosworkshop.com
Solidworks
Aspire
2424 Larken Camtol
MAXNC
Mach3

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 28 Dec 2014 20:36 #30

• Dan Hammerstron
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
No the steppers are nema 34, and they run on ac or dc, they are like the alpha steppers the Yako's run on 110 volts.,

Here is a pic of the base table.
Attachments:
The Wood Butcher

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 28 Dec 2014 20:41 #31

• Dan Hammerstron
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
I use the very end of the table with a squeeze to do finger joints or mortice and tenon, with the z-axis at the top I can do 3ft. but only a maximum of 2 inches room for cutting at the back with the stops removed to get last ounce of room.
The Wood Butcher

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 29 Dec 2014 10:47 #32

• Leo Voisine
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
NEMA 34 - huh? wow - heavy duty.

I am liking this

Can you mount a 1/2 diameter shank tool in the spindle?
Leo

www.leosworkshop.com
Solidworks
Aspire
2424 Larken Camtol
MAXNC
Mach3

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 29 Dec 2014 11:31 #33

• Dan Hammerstron
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
Yes, in most spindles, will handle 1/2 inch mine will handle 3/4 hmmm, I had better check on that maybe its 5/8.
Here are the specs on the steppers we use, YK86HB118-06A on all axis.

86mm Series Yako 2-Phases Hybrid Stepping Motor
 Enlarge Image
Min. order: 10 Pieces
Trade Terms: FOB
Payment Terms: L/C, T/T
Export Markets: Global
 Contact Now Leave a message.
Add to Inquiry Basket
Like this product? Add to Product Favorites Share|
Most Popular

NEMA 23 Bipolar 1.8 Degree Hybrid Stepper Motor
NEMA 23 Bipolar 1.8 Degree Hybrid Stepper Motor
NEMA17 Stepper Motor for 3D Printer with CE
NEMA17 Stepper Motor for 3D Printer with CE
NEMA17 Linear Stepping Motor, NEMA 17 External Linear Actuator, Stepping Motor, Stepper Motor
NEMA17 Linear Stepping Motor, NEMA 17 External Linear Actuator, Stepping Motor, Stepper Motor
86hs2a66-408 NEMA34 1.8deg. 4A CNC Stepper & Stepping Motor
86hs2a66-408 NEMA34 1.8deg. 4A CNC Stepper & Stepping Motor
 
Product Detail
Basic Info
Export Markets: Global
Product Description

General specifications

Step angle accurancy: 5%
Temperature: 80 C Max
Ambient Temperature: -20 C-+50 C
Insulation Resistance: 100M Ω Min 500VDC
Voltage endurance: 500V AC 1minute
Shaft Radial Play: Max0.06mm(450g)
Shaft Axial Play: Max0.08mm(450g)

Model Step Angle (° ) Length L(mm) Holding torque (N. m) Current (A/phase) Resistance (Ω ) Inductance (mH) Rotor inertia (g. cm² ) Weight (kg) Motor leads
YK86HB65-04A 1.8 65 3.4 2.8 1.4 3.9 1000 1.8 8
YK86HB80-04A 80 4.6 4.2 0.75 3.4 1400 2.26 8
YK86HB118-06A 118 8.7 4.2 0.9 6 2700 3.67 8
YK86HB156-06A 156 12.2 4.2 1.25 8 4000 5.17 8
The Wood Butcher

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 29 Dec 2014 11:42 #34

• Gary Beckwith
  • Gold Carver
  • Thank you received: 1
its 3/4" Dan
the 6 hp electric spindles that we run have ER32 collets which go to 3/4"
the ER25 goes to 5/8"
Gary
www.beckwithdecor.com
ArtCam & Mach 3 Trainer
Custom Tooling/Onsrud Distributor

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 29 Dec 2014 16:18 #35

• Leo Voisine
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
You guys went really heavy duty.

I would be satisfied with ER-20
Leo

www.leosworkshop.com
Solidworks
Aspire
2424 Larken Camtol
MAXNC
Mach3

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 29 Dec 2014 18:20 #36

• Dan Hammerstron
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
I run into big timber V-carving quite often, I had a 4 hp aircooled and trip the VFD on overcurrent a few times with big v-bits especially the 120 degree ones so went with as big as I could get on non 3 phase.
The Wood Butcher

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 29 Dec 2014 20:07 #37

• Leo Voisine
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
Sounds good.

I was thinking I wanted the NEMA32 and a ER20 - which puts me in about 3 hp.

I am pretty sure that will be big enough for me. If I need I can take lighter cuts, but all of this is a lot bigger than I am already at.

Just this little discussion we are having here has really impressed me with the Chinese machine.

Another year and I should have enough saved to spring on one.
Leo

www.leosworkshop.com
Solidworks
Aspire
2424 Larken Camtol
MAXNC
Mach3

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 29 Dec 2014 21:07 #38

• Gene B Crain
  • Senior Carver
  • Magician of Mexico
Leo Voisine wrote:
Sounds good.

I was thinking I wanted the NEMA32 and a ER20 - which puts me in about 3 hp.

I am pretty sure that will be big enough for me. If I need I can take lighter cuts, but all of this is a lot bigger than I am already at.

Just this little discussion we are having here has really impressed me with the Chinese machine.

Another year and I should have enough saved to spring on one.

Leo...like I said just get one and see...I have put my machine to the test many times in a somewhat production environment and it takes everything I can throw at it...I've pushed it to the limit of every axis and have actually cheated by removing hard stops and disable limits...as Dan refers to. Sure you gotta learn the machine and generate toolpathing accordingly...but these machines perform day in day out. I took a chance and ordered mine from salecnc based on a couple friends who have similar machines...and once I learned control software...never looked back. Take the chance...you will be very surprised
Excellence from Pride

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 30 Dec 2014 09:51 #39

• Kurt Rosenzweig
  • Expert Carver
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks so much for taking the time to do this Dan. I know Annie is getting tired of hearing this, but I'm getting close to ordering. My shop is complete now with the addition of a Woodmaster Molder and drumsander. Now I just have a few tools to pay off first then it's upgrade time. Spring looks more likely.

Testing my china cnc with long run times, it seem rock solid. 30 Dec 2014 11:23 #40

• Leo Voisine
  • Platinum Carver
  • Honor Medal 2015
Gene, Thank you, I do appreciate your optimism.
I do trust that the Chinese machine I finally end up, IF I go that route, with will be satisfactory.

Buying CNC machines is something I do for a living, as a senior level manufacturing engineer.

This purchase is for a hobby machine, not for a business.

I will pay cash only - not financed.
I do not yet have enough money in my hobby savings account.
I could not purchase today if I wanted to.

Besides - I am not in a hurry.
I already have a functioning CNC Router.

I will not really be using the machine to make money, so I don't look at it as an investment with a ROI.
Making money is a side line, hobby.
So, the 5-6 thousand dollars in my hobby is one I need to be sure of, - is a serious thing to me.
I "could" build a machine to exactly what I want.

I do have a significant amount of experience with CNC machines.
I have bought, setup, installed, operated, trained, programmed at least 50-60 different machines in 7-8 mid to large companies.

I will research and analyze the living daylights of of anything I buy.
That is just my nature, and I guess what is ingrained in me from so many major capital projects.
I am very thorough.
Some companies call it Due Diligence.

So - this is not my first foray into CNC machine purchase.
I also have two other CNC routers at home.
This will be my third machine and last at home and I have VERY specific desires.
I plan for this to be the last home hobby CNC machine I ever install.
Leo

www.leosworkshop.com
Solidworks
Aspire
2424 Larken Camtol
MAXNC
Mach3
Time to create page: 0.646 seconds

Please Visit and Support Our Amazing Sponsors