Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Introduce yourself here if you would like...

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 09 Aug 2012 14:18 #161

• Joe Crumley2
  • Junior Carver
Karlo,

You made my day!

That's about the highest complement you could have give me. Stay in there and keep learning. There's so much to digest. We've all been where you're at but now you have company. We're on your side.

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 13 Aug 2012 18:51 #162

• Todd Bailey
  • Junior Carver
Hello,

My name is Todd Bailey - Owner of 4m3D digital modeling for CNC.

I have been kicking around the industry for many years now.

Todd Bailey
Owner and Creative Designer
4m3D Creative Design
www.4m3d.com
www.CNCminiProjects.com
Skype Call - todd.4m3d
Phone - 443-450-4633

Newsletter - Subscribe - Free model every issue

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 14 Aug 2012 22:15 #163

• Chris Warford
  • Fresh Carver
Hi Guys, I ran into this forum through shopbot in my quest for info related to the Accu Bend. I've been in the sign industry for 6 years now and so far, out of all the manufacturing experiences I've had, I like making signs the best. I've got just under a year of CNC experience under my belt and I also like vinyl work. I've recently been moved from vinyl duty (which I really liked) to the CNC router table, Accu-bend, digital printer, and vinyl plotter and the programs that operate them. Most training (or lack of) I've had to learn myself through trial and error. I hope to learn from this forum as well as share my experiences and knowledge. Thanks for allowing me to participate in this forum!

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 15 Aug 2012 00:12 #164

• Melissa Jones
  • Head of Faculty
Welcome to the forum Graham! I suppose we could look past the fact that you know Rodger. ;D Glad to have you here!

Welcome Karlo! Your english is just fine. I agree with you about Mr. Crumley, he is a inspiration to us all and he is making sure we all become better sign makers. :notworthy:

Todd, welcome! I use to machine in my basement too. :-\ I will add you to my resource list for 3D modeling. :)

Welcome to the forum Chris! I hope this place helps you. Vinyl duty is easier and a little cleaner the CNC. ;)

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 15 Aug 2012 09:02 #165

• Todd Bailey
  • Junior Carver
Thanks Melissa...

Its a little cramped down there... and the machine is very small... but this should allow me to make a few small models to excite some of my family, friend, and local business to invest in a larger machine.

Todd Bailey
Owner and Creative Designer
4m3D Creative Design
www.4m3d.com
www.CNCminiProjects.com
Skype Call - todd.4m3d
Phone - 443-450-4633

Newsletter - Subscribe - Free model every issue

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 17 Aug 2012 16:25 #166

• Mike Faig
  • Fresh Carver
My name is Mike. I'll try almost anything once.
Attachments:
Mike

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 18 Aug 2012 12:56 #167

• Dana Decker
  • Fresh Carver
I am Dana Decker, live in NE Florida. Just ordered my CAMaster Stinger I cnc. I don't make anything yet but enjoy reading this forum and would like to make a few signs in the future.
When I grow up I wanna be just like T.R.MacMunn, almost except be American instead of Canadian eh.

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 18 Aug 2012 15:58 #168

• Jason Jones
  • Admin
  • Floors & Latrine
  • Thank you received: 31
Welcome Dana and Mike! Make yourselves at home...

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 18 Aug 2012 20:17 #169

• Sam Staffan
  • Senior Carver
Welcome Mike!

People keep an eye out when this guy post a pic he does some wonderful work.

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 19 Aug 2012 05:36 #170

• Rodger MacMunn
  • Platinum Carver
Welcome Mike & Dana.

Mike, I drove through Gatlinburg in June ......came in 441 from the park & then turned & went to Newport.
T.R.

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 19 Aug 2012 15:54 #171

• Jeff Johnson
  • Platinum Carver
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi everyone. my name is Jeff and I am from Owensboro, Ky.. I recently built a cnc machine as a project that was made of wood and lead screw driven. Then I got the fever and built an aluminum rack and pinion monster that has almost become my life. I retired from the power company here last September, and looked up an old buddy who was making sign's here and there. Mostly he works in applied vinyl. He recently started building his own channel letters also, with the help of my CNC. Ok to make a long story short, I have always, and I mean always, been interested in the 3D signs. They are works of art, people even collect the older ones. They sell for loads of money at auctions. What brought me here was, I have always been crafty, making furniture, and folk art paintings and stuff like that. and since my CNC builds , making all kinds of what nots for family and friends. Me and my sign buddy want to get back to the artistic side of the sign making. I recently came across the sign workshops in Bridgeton Ind, and am so sorry I missed them. I plan to attend next year for sure, and I am only 2 hours away. Anyway thanks to all my sign artist role models, who post on here. Joe Crumley , I have seen an read about you on all kinds of post on the CNC Zone forums, Vectric forums, and a dozen other's. To all the others who's names I cant remember, thanks for all your works too, but most of all for sharing your skills to those of us who want to learn this art. Below is a sign I made for a friend. It was my first attempt at a 3D sign. I cut all the letters, the border and the dog and rabbit out as seperate peices. I took the dog and rabbit to an airbrush guy. This was done about a year, actually on my second CNC chain driven machine, before I built my 3rd and final CNC router. This is my only attempt at 3D signs. I am totaly green so dont laugh to loud.

Jeff
Attachments:

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 19 Aug 2012 16:23 #172

• Jason Jones
  • Admin
  • Floors & Latrine
Jeff, welcome to 3D Sign Forum. That is fantastic first attempt! You are going to fit in perfect here.

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 19 Aug 2012 19:34 #173

• Dana Decker
  • Fresh Carver
"Rodger MacMunn"

Dana, I can't imagine anyone wanting to be like me !

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 20 Aug 2012 08:02 #174

• Mike Faig
  • Fresh Carver
"Rodger MacMunn"
Welcome Mike & Dana.

Mike, I drove through Gatlinburg in June ......came in 441 from the park & then turned & went to Newport.
Mike

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 20 Aug 2012 08:15 #175

• Rodger MacMunn
  • Platinum Carver
Mike, we tend to be in western NC & eastern TN every couple of years or so.
T.R.

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 22 Aug 2012 20:12 #176

• Bruce Merrill
  • Junior Carver
Guess I've lurked long enough, time to say hi.

Hi all, Bruce here from Forest Grove Oregon. Built me a little cnc router from wood, chain driven. Made a few things for family and friends. Nothing as fancy as most here. At the moment I'm just a tinkerer, but I'm hooked and when I can find the time (when we're not pushing hard on deadlines at my day job), cut something here and there. Mostly have worked with hardwoods, with stain finishing. Again, nothing fancy.

I do however, want to develop this part time hobby into positive cash flow, and hope I can carve my way out of my day job and into retirement with my cnc router. I'm actually in the process of building a 4'x8' cncrouter parts table as an upgrade from my redneck table.

Here's the biggest project that I have done, again, pretty simple, and what they wanted. It hangs on the wall behind the front desk at my Chiropractor's office. His wife is into Lotus Flowers.
Attachments:
-Bruce

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 23 Aug 2012 01:36 #177

• Jason Jones
  • Admin
  • Floors & Latrine
Nice work on the chiro sign Bruce! Bet they love it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 23 Aug 2012 09:06 #178

• Bruce Merrill
  • Junior Carver
Thanks. That they do very much.
-Bruce

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 23 Aug 2012 13:07 #179

• Jeff Johnson
  • Platinum Carver
Hey Bruce, I was like you. i built 2 previous routers from BuildyourCNC site. They were great learning machines. I recently finished a 4X8 table with most the parts and plans based on the one on the CNC Router Parts site. I bought the electronics from CandCNC because of the plasma capabilities it has. I recomend Keiling for the electronic however , if you can do it yourself, sounds like you can. You will love the rack and pinion if thats what your building. Good luck with retiring with the new machine. If I can be of any help, I dont know much, but let me know?

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 23 Aug 2012 13:26 #180

• Bruce Merrill
  • Junior Carver
Thanks Jeff. Yeah, I ended up with keling 570ozin 23 motors and appropriate drivers/ps, in anticipation of moving the electronics to a bigger table. This first table was mostly an experiment. It was a lot of fun figuring it out, but once it was done and got it working I said to myself "now what?". Lol...
-Bruce

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 06 Sep 2012 16:06 #181

• Ryan Grealy
  • Senior Carver
I've been posting pics of projects and such and realized I didn't do the whole introduce yourself thing.

ahem ahem

Hi, I'm Ryan and I'm a 3D Signer. >everyone - "Welcome Ryan"<

I've been in the sign biz for about 3 years now but prior to that did various forms of design work as an employee and hobbies.

It started in 1986 when my sister Laurie (THE most creative person I've ever known) suggested upon my graduation...you like drawing and computers so maybe there's away to combine the two.

So...I became a Computer Aided Draftsman (Draftsperson these days ;) ) for an electrical engineering company in 1988...then I did it freelance for awhile...then onto a civil engineering company...then into graphic design and 3D animation...then into graphic and web design...then into product design and development for an art publishing company...then into signs.

Along the way were my hobbies...drawing, photography, mirror acid etching, airbrushing, figure model making, sculpting, special effects make-up.
Here's some of my past hobby work: http://members.shaw.ca/rgrealy/hobbies.htm

After taking Dan Sawatzky's Sign Magic Workshop in the Summer of 2010...my life changed. While taking Dan's workshop it hit me....everything I've ever done, been interested or experience can now be combined into this...3D Sign work and other 3D creations.

So here I am looking to get out of the boring 2D vinyl world I'm in now and into my own shop creating fun and crative 3D THINGS! I'm not there quite yet but I'm heading in the right [s:19ur3em3]direction[/s:19ur3em3] dimension

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 08 Sep 2012 11:50 #182

• Dave Pressley
  • Fresh Carver
Hello,

As with others I have lurked around long enough and have been inspired enough to know I am in the right place. My name is Dave Pressley. I live in Lakeville MN. I started with a Shark Pro and decided quickly that was too small for my dreams. I quickly sold that and purchased a home built 5x10 machine from a great guy in Canada. I have mainly done small projects such as simple plaques, cribbage board and the like, but really have the hunkering to create something as great as I have seen on this site from Melissa and Jason as well as Rob in Indiana and all of you. I can't imagine ever being at that level! I have signed up for the sign camp next year and am really looking forward to it. I work a full time job, so this is unfortunately still a hobby part time money making adventure. However, I am trying to amass my equipment and experience now, so when that day comes, I am not behind the learning curve at a time I can't afford to purchase the equipment.

So with all that being said. Hello again.

Dave

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 08 Sep 2012 12:58 #183

• Scott Reiss
  • Fresh Carver
Welcome Dave!
Scott

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 09 Sep 2012 22:39 #184

• Aaron Taylor
  • Fresh Carver
Hello all I see quite a few friends in the sign biz over here! Looks like a good crew of talent and craftsmen that want to share techniques. 90% of the sign work I do is dimensional I enjoy it very much and sometimes forget that its my real job. I love to learn new tricks and tips and share everything I have learned along the way. I will post some pics in the gallery tomorrow. Look forward in participating in this forum!
Aaron Caveman Taylor
A Router Works Signs
arouterworks.com

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 10 Sep 2012 01:01 #185

• Melissa Jones
  • Head of Faculty
Welcome Ryan! I checked out your hobby gallery, wow you are very talented at more than just making signs! :o

Welcome to the forum Dave! Thank you for the compliments. You will get a jump start on sign making at the camp next year, it's hard not to with all the talented people there. :grin2:

Aaron, welcome to the forum! I have been a fan of your work for some time now and always enjoy your posts on facebook! Glad to have you here! :)

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 21 Sep 2012 14:01 #186

• Ed Harrall
  • Fresh Carver
HI,
I am Ed Harrall.

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 21 Sep 2012 14:42 #187

• Wayne Webb
  • Junior Carver
Howdy!
I'm Wayne Webb of Webb Signworks in Chipley, Florida. We have been making dimensional signs since about 1986 and started out doing everything by hand. Today, we also use a plotter, a CNC router, CorelDraw, SignWizard, and Aspire software. At the present time, I am also looking into getting involved in hotwire foam cutting as well. Thanks for the opportunity to join!

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 26 Sep 2012 19:34 #188

• Rodger MacMunn
  • Platinum Carver
Welcome Wayne. It's about time you got here LOL
T.R.

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 26 Sep 2012 21:30 #189

• Joe Crumley
  • Platinum Carver
It's good to see Wayne aboard. I've known him for several years and he's a good sign friend. It was only last week when we were trading idea's.

This forum is bringing lots of old friends together.
Joe Crumley
www.normansignco.com

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 26 Sep 2012 21:52 #190

• Jason Jones
  • Admin
  • Floors & Latrine
"Ed Harrall"
HI,
I am Ed Harrall.

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 28 Sep 2012 14:41 #191

• Brandon Myers
  • Fresh Carver
Hello,

My name is Brandon Myers.

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 30 Sep 2012 22:39 #192

• Steve Luck
  • Fresh Carver
[font=trebuchet ms:1skj17ce][/font:1skj17ce]
Hi my name is Steve Luck and I have a sign shop in Godfrey, Illinois about 30 miles northeast of St. Louis, MO. I am excited to find this forum and get aquainted with other artists that make 3D signs. I started out 25 years ago as a hand-painter and ended up working in St. Louis at a sign supply company selling/training customers on computer software for vinyl cutting. I realized after 2 years of traveling and training other sign companies that I badly missed doing it myself. I opened up Sign Magic in July of 1995. I have made a few dimensional signs by hand over the years but never focused on it until the past few years. I bought a used 4x8 CNC ShopBot router table and have started experimenting with the software. I have a long way to go before I will feel comfortable with using it. I hope I can learn from many of you here on this forum. I know a few of the people here from participating in Walldog meets painting murals. I hope to find others near the St. Louis area that are willing to share advice and help me with the learning curve. I also hope to be able to share my experiences as well.

Sign-cerely, Steve

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 30 Sep 2012 22:46 #193

• rob jones
  • Platinum Carver
welcome aboard.
looking forward to meeting you here.
please post some of your work.

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 01 Oct 2012 00:25 #194

• Rodger MacMunn
  • Platinum Carver
Welcome, Steve.
T.R.

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 01 Oct 2012 06:53 #195

• Gary Beckwith
  • Gold Carver
Welcome Steve, aren't you the guy that bought Doug's router from OK?
Gary
www.beckwithdecor.com
ArtCam & Mach 3 Trainer
Custom Tooling/Onsrud Distributor

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 01 Oct 2012 07:58 #196

• Phillip Newell
  • Gold Carver
  • Thank you received: 12
  • Honor Medal 2015
I guess it's my turn. I never formally introduced myself.

I'm Phillip. I live in Galesburg, IL about 2.5 hours from Chicago in the middle of nowhere. Originally from west Michigan.

I entered the sign trade in 2001. I bought a cutter and started making signs from my home. A couple years later I was offered a job at a startup sign company in Iowa, so we moved there. That ended up being a big mess (company no longer in business), but I had started doing freelance design work during that time as a side income. The freelance work (along with some other ventures) has supported us even while we lived out of the country for 2 years. Now that we're back and I have space to work again, I've been interested in dimensional signs. No router here yet, but I just purchased a scroll saw and have started making some decorative signs by hand.

Looking forward to learning a lot here from you guys.

Phillip Newell
Phillip Newell

Freelance Sign Design
[url=http://www.signamigo.com:1t2xqp19]www.signamigo.com[/url]

www.facebook.com/amigosignco

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 01 Oct 2012 08:35 #197

• Steve Luck
  • Fresh Carver
Yes I am and I desperately need help with Mach 3!! Hopefully someone here is running it with a shopbot and can explain it better. Poor Doug tried to explain as best he could, but I don't speak Oklahomian and some stuff didn't make sense to me. Still trying to figure it all out.

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 01 Oct 2012 08:48 #198

• Gary Beckwith
  • Gold Carver
Not a problem Steve, I did the set up for that machine so can help you out
Gary
www.beckwithdecor.com
ArtCam & Mach 3 Trainer
Custom Tooling/Onsrud Distributor

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 01 Oct 2012 11:38 #199

• Jason Jones
  • Admin
  • Floors & Latrine
Guys- We can't forget about the guy just above Steve!

You can introduce yourself here if you would like... 02 Oct 2012 20:42 #200

• Peter Poanessa
  • Senior Carver
Hello everyone, My name is Peter Poanessa and I am new to the forum. I have been running a small 2 person dimensional sign shop, (Keene Signworx) in southern NH for 27 years...time flies when you are having fun! Started out drawing, carving and painting everything by hand and morphed into a computer driven shop over the years. I look forward to meeting others and learning something new here.
Time to create page: 1.106 seconds

Please Visit and Support Our Amazing Sponsors