Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hi Guys, Hoping to get some feedback on your CNC router machines

Hi Guys, Hoping to get some feedback on your CNC router machines 22 Sep 2019 18:32 #1

• Wade Shepherd
  • Fresh Carver
Hi everyone, It's been a while since I've been here. But I was hoping to get some feedback from all you experienced sign makers regarding your CNC machines. I've been in the CNC metal fabrication business for over 30 years. In that time I've operated many cnc machines from cnc waterjets, cnc vertical mills, cnc lathes, plasmas, strippets and so on. Years ago I built one of the first CNC router parts 4x4 kits ( now known as Avid CNC ). I've had pretty good luck with it and have been happy but recently our family business has split up and I'm out of a job. We sold our shop and the business moved north with the 4 other members of my family, I'm the only one that stayed back. Currently, my wife likes to call me retired but being out of the cnc loop has left a whole in my heart. I like to make things and I have a enough money saved up for a nice replacement CNC router system for my old CNC router parts kit. I'm currently looking at many pricepoints and all of them will have to run on single phase since the machine is going into my garage. The machine I've been pricing out is a 4x8 ATC system with a phenolic top mister and a becker vacuum and 4th axis add on. I'm looking to have a very versatile machine since I'm not looking for work in any specific industry. So far the machines I'm looking at are another Avid CNC kit (Less ATC), shopbot, camaster, multicam, techno, newcnc, laguna, shopsabre, and Hytek CNC. If you guys have any experience with any of these brands good or bad. I'd appreciate any and all help making this decision. Some of these machines are pretty pricey and I'd be happy buying a less expensive machine if it's reliable with a good support system. So any help you can offer I'd appreciate.

Hi Guys, Hoping to get some feedback on your CNC router machines 03 Oct 2019 09:19 #2

• Andrew Wilkerson
  • Senior Carver
I'm surprised no-one has got on here and recommended the Hytek :) Not that I've ever used one but they sure look good, Id get one if I could afford it. I doubt Melissa would not have done her research and being a user I'd say go with what she chose. Save yourself the trouble of doing your own research. Sound like you know more about them than I do anyway. I've only ever had a little toy machine (Shark), could never afford anything much bigger unfortunately. But I totally understand not wanting to retire. If I didn't have a CNC what would I do all day? I couldn't live without my workshop. I don't think I'll ever retire, I will probably just drop dead one day with the CNC machine still running in the background and an inbox full of emails I'm yet to get to :ermm: .
Timber
tim·ber/ˈtimbər/
Noun:
Lumber (American English;[1] used only in North America), or timber (used in the rest of the English speaking world[2]) is wood that has been processed into beams and planks, a stage in the process of wood production.

Hi Guys, Hoping to get some feedback on your CNC router machines 08 Oct 2019 10:34 #3

• Jason Jones
  • Admin
  • Floors & Latrine
  • Thank you received: 33
Andrew Wilkerson wrote:
I'm surprised no-one has got on here and recommended the Hytek :) Not that I've ever used one but they sure look good, Id get one if I could afford it. I doubt Melissa would not have done her research and being a user I'd say go with what she chose. Save yourself the trouble of doing your own research. Sound like you know more about them than I do anyway. I've only ever had a little toy machine (Shark), could never afford anything much bigger unfortunately. But I totally understand not wanting to retire. If I didn't have a CNC what would I do all day? I couldn't live without my workshop. I don't think I'll ever retire, I will probably just drop dead one day with the CNC machine still running in the background and an inbox full of emails I'm yet to get to :ermm: .

Appreciate that Andrew! I tend to agree with a lot of what you said! PS, when are we coming down to start our new division? nod nod wink wink

Hi Guys, Hoping to get some feedback on your CNC router machines 08 Oct 2019 10:35 #4

• Jason Jones
  • Admin
  • Floors & Latrine
  • Thank you received: 33
Wade, hit us up anytime. We'll get you fixed up real good! B)

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Time to create page: 0.809 seconds

Please Visit and Support Our Amazing Sponsors