Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Arched top LED sign

Arched top LED sign 19 May 2018 09:04 #1

• John Miller
  • Platinum Carver
  • Thank you received: 61
  • Honor Medal 2015
A client ordered a lighted sign to go into an arched window. It had to be shallow to fit the window depth. Shaped electric boxes are always a challenge. Here's our rather easy solution. We bought a sheet of MDF and fly cut both sides. This was a spoil board stacked on top of our existing spoil board. We laid our 2nd spoil board on the CNC and cut the arched shape back out of 1/4" alupanel with a cut depth of 3/8" cutting an extra 1/8" deep groove into the MDF. we then milled 3/8" diameter holes along the outside of the groove, these would eventually accept 3/8" dowels which would support the box returns. Once this template was made, we laid the 1/4" back panel in place and inserted a 4" tall strip of 1/8" alupanel into the groove, clamped it to the dowels to insure it was at a 90 degree angle to the back. Once dry assembled we applied a bead of weldon 45 along the inside edge of the back and returns. The sign box was rigid and completely true. We cut a piece of acrylic for the face and glued jewelite trim on. This entire production took about three hours and the box was complete. Add LEDs and translucent vinyl and you have a finished sign. Size is 35"x70" installed price $2600.00
Attachments:
Someday every things gonna be different... When I paint my masterpiece
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Dawson, stephen rottloff

Arched top LED sign 21 May 2018 08:59 #2

• Geoff Smithson
  • Expert Carver
  • Thank you received: 14
  • Honor Medal 2015
Very cool! I'll have to remember this trick.
Winnipesaukee Manufacturing, Laconia, NH
Packaging, Crating, Wood and Plastic Machining, Signs, etc.
www.facebook.com/winnimfg
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds

Please Visit and Support Our Amazing Sponsors