Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Opinions Please?

Opinions Please? 26 Oct 2017 20:49 #1

• Wayne Webb
  • Junior Carver
  • Thank you received: 1
Business has been good and I'm finally working on my shop sigh again. It takes time when you're working by yourself. :)
If I could, I would like to have some opinions on which stone style to cover it with. This is a more "rough" one I was looking at...... www.boralamerica.com/stone/cultured-stone/southern-ledgestone/cs-sl-chardonnay

And this is the one I used for my business cards, brochures, and the image attached www.fireplacestonepatio.com/products/1,149,151/brick-and-stone/stone-veneers/detail/169/shale-pro-fit
Attachments:

Opinions Please? 27 Oct 2017 12:45 #2

• James Dawson
  • Platinum Carver
  • Thank you received: 54
  • Honor Medal 2015
I like the first one if you are going to use stone. Now is the part where I say lose the stone and cover it in lathe and concrete and carve your own stone.

B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Webb

Opinions Please? 06 Nov 2017 22:46 #3

• Dan Sawatzky
  • Platinum Carver
  • Thank you received: 44
  • Honor Medal 2015
Wayne

Jim's suggestion to carve your own stone is a good idea but you would need some practice pieces first. That might take some time and you've been at this piece for quite some time as I recall. Unless you have lots of time I'd stick with the manufactured stone. If that's the case I'd go with the first one you suggest in your post.

-dan
Dan Sawatzky
Sawatzky's Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia, Canada

www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is the most wonderful thing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Webb

Opinions Please? 14 Nov 2017 13:40 #4

• Wayne Webb
  • Junior Carver
Thanks Dan,
I know, been a long time. First of all, money was a big problem. Now, business has picked up substantially and I have less time lol. Meantime, since I first designed this project, I have designed and built a working commercial-sized CNC hotwire machine, fenced and cross-fenced my 20 acres, and have raised, worked and sold a few hundred of my Barbado sheep. A couple weeks ago I bought another, larger tractor for that enterprise as well; so I have been busy.

Today, I found another company in Panama City which actually manufactures their own line of faux stone. The rep told me they can mix whatever colors I want so I am going to visit them tomorrow. I have looked at several brands and color schemes but just haven't been able to settle on one. I want one with a little color variation but not so much that it blurs the contrast between the stone and the sign elements. Readability is the first objective for me. I'll post some photos when it's done. :)

Opinions Please? 17 Nov 2017 12:46 #5

• Wayne Webb
  • Junior Carver
The cultured stone is on the way! I ordered 380 sqft and 100 linear feet of "country ledgestone" in the "Hudson Bay" color. Only "problem" is, when I was traveling around last week to various addresses, provided by the stone company, to look at completed installations, I bumped into the director for two gated communities; looks like I will still be making other people's signs for awhile longer and will have to put mine on hold again. :-( But that's what it's all about. :)
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Please Visit and Support Our Amazing Sponsors